Sunday, November 7, 2010

Before & After shots

So remember how my foot used to looked like this? (Before) July 2010

And then I had surgery so it looked like this for quite a while... (in the middle) Sept. 2010
Well, now it looks a little more like this. (After) Nov. 2010
It still is a little swollen but the doc gave me the okay a few weeks ago to pretty much do whatever I want again, using my own discretion of course. Somedays it feels amazing and other days it's a little sore. I'm just glad to feel like I'm pretty much back to normal.

Also, while I was living at home and pretty much on bed rest my mother and I had some craft time. Last February my Step-Grandpa passed away and I got this whole bedroom set that used to be at his house. It came with a double bed, two nightstands, a tall dresser, a vanity type dresser, and a secretary desk. It was originally my Dad's parent's bedroom set when they first got married. After they got divorced my Dad's mom took it and it ended up at my step-grandpa's which is how I then got it. Apparently around the time my grandparents got married it was the "in" thing to have what they call "blonde" colored furniture. You can't really tell from this picture but it's kind of a golden-gray color, if that makes sense. So... we decided to re-paint it. I'm now using in my bedroom in Salt Lake but figured that maybe one day it would make really cute furniture for a little girls bedroom.

So here's before we started painting...

We also did some sewing projects such as making pillows for my new bedroom. So here's the material before we did anything to it...


The furniture and pillows after...
(Sorry you can't really see the bed but the nightstand kind of gives you an idea of what the furniture looks like now)

I was pretty proud of the outcome. And I did it all with a crippled foot. Thanks for the help Mom!

2 comments:

  1. Feet are gross, but at least now yours looks a little more normal:) Kidding, I am glad to hear you are feeling better and will be up for snowboarding this winter. Cause I cant, so I'm jealous. Your bedroom looks really cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random question from a stranger time! Google sent me your way and it was really interesting to read your story; I have a bunionette too that looks about as extreme as yours was. Now almost 2 years later, are you still happy you had the surgery? I'm thinking about it! You can email me if you'd like at christybee at mac dot com. :)
    -Christy

    ReplyDelete