Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Kinda freaking out

So school starts tomorrow and yes, I'm kind of freaking out. I feel so unprepared even thought it's my 2nd year teaching (but it is at a different school) and even after spending 11 hours at the school yesterday and 12 hours today (and many others before that). There's something about having my foot busted and on moving my classroom on a scooter (yes... I did finally get my "scooter"- I will post pictures later, maybe when I actually have a life again- if that ever happens) that seriously seems to take twice as long. I have had so much help from my mom, my paras, and other teachers when they have a little time to spare which has seriously helped SOOOO much but there is still so much that seems to need to get done. I just can't think about it any more or else I don't think I'll end up going to sleep. But I will say this... I'm really only freaking out about the planning/time consuming crap that really is all the "fluff" in teaching. I am beyond exciting to start teaching my cute kiddos. I've already met about 1/2 of my students and I know I'm going to love this year. There were 2 boys that came in to meet me today and seriously, I'm already in love. They already have my heart and I know it's going to be a great year. I seriously have the best job ever (minus all the lame special ed. paper work) and could not think of anything else I would rather do everyday then spend my time with these precious children. I feel so lucky to get to do what I do. I think I needed that little reminder. It really is all about the kids. I know tomorrow will be fine. I have amazing paras and co-workers. Just one day at a time.

p.s. I just realized how many parenthesis ( ) I have in this post... just goes to show how all over the place my brain is right now cause I have so many different thoughts going on a the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment