Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What's your Love Language?

So the last month or so some friends and I have really been talking about the difference of personalities and how people react differently to different situations and how sometimes this has to do with our "Love Language." According to this test here are 5 different ways people show and like to receive their "love" to and from others. These 5 Love Languages are:

Words of Affirmation
Quality Time
Receiving Gifts
Acts of Service
Physical Touch



I've kind of always know that that my #1 is Quality Time and this past year or so has made that even more apparent in my life (notice that a 12 is the highest possible score you can get and that's what I got for Quality Time). I love spending time with others and love when others want to spend time with me, it's how I feel loved and appreciated. It's been kind of hard being up in Midway, away from everyone since I've had my surgery and know that it's kind of out of the way for people to come visit.
So, although this is a little overdue and happened about 2 weeks ago I'd like to give a little shout-out to these awesome people . . .


. . . for making the trip up to Midway to spend time with me just a few days after my surgery where we got to witness this-
I just wanted to thank you guys again and let you know how much it meant to me to have you guys come up for the night and go see fireworks together. So David, Sarah, Kiera, Michael, and Kubo thank you so much for coming up and spending the evening with me. I don't think I can express how much it really meant to me, especially at the time. You guys are awesome. And I know there were a couple of you, and you know who you are, that would have been there if you could but had family stuff going on. I love you guys and will miss seeing you guys as often once I officially move from Provo.


On a little bit of a lighter note... here are some other people I've been spending some more "quality time" with lately and can feel my "love" for them growing stronger. Yes, I did finish the 1st season of Friday Night Lights in about 3 days.
I love Tim Riggins and Matt Saracen. Need I say more.

In the words of Casey Corry (and I'm going to have to agree)
"Tim Riggins can do no wrong"

And you can't help but love that little crooked smile


p.s. I may or may not have recently taken a percocet for my foot pain and it's also late so if any of this doesn't quite make sense or seems a little goofy (though I sincerely mean the thanks to David, Sarah, Kiera, Michael and Kubo), I'm blaming it on the meds.

2 comments:

  1. That's sweet that your friends made the trek to Midway! i haven't taken that quiz in a while but i'm pretty positive my love languages are quality time and acts of service. as a freshman it would have been physical touch (making out) but times change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha i feel so honored to have made it on your blog...

    ReplyDelete