Sunday, September 19, 2010

Random

(I wish I had this, but let's be practical here, it probably wouldn't have as many heels... just doesn't make sense when you have to chase after little kiddos at school everyday)

For those of you that know me (and let's be honest probably the only people that read this are people that know me), you know that I love shoes. And I'll be quite frank, my shoes aren't necessarily the most posh or expensive shoes but I love them nonetheless... especially when I get them for a good deal, which is probably why I have so many. I can't resist a great bargain (and cute shoes). There are some shoes that I probably wear at least once a week and others that I've maybe worn at most 3 times. And though I have many shoes in my closet right now (I counted over 50 pairs-- and that's not including all my boots that are down the hall in a different closet), I have been very limited on what I can wear lately.
This random tangent came up because today I was wishing so badly that I could wear a cute pair of red heels to church today. Instead I have been wearing this beautiful thing (luckily without the hideous sock)

on my left foot for the last 2 months. But I guess it could have been worse, I could have had to wear this
Oh wait... I have had to wear one of those back in high school. Anyway moving on. . .
Point of the story-- I miss wearing all my cute shoes. And even more than that, I miss wearing TWO shoes (that match). I have to be selective about what shoe (notice it's not plural) I wear because 1- my really expensive and attractive shoe on the left makes me walk lopsided and therefore make my hips hurt if I wear a shoe that is either too flat or taller than my bootie-shoe and 2- I don't want to wear out every right shoe that I own so I try to limit the ones I'm wearing out to the same few pairs (I figure I'll wear the left one out next summer when I get my other foot done and then probably then just chuck them).
And sadly, though both my feet have not necessarily been in walking order for the last 2 months, it has not kept me from buying shoes. I'm hoping to wear the complete sets soon.
I got the the okay from doc to start walking this past Monday and he said I can try wearing regular shoes but sadly my foot is still too swollen and the shoes I have been given permission to wear have to be very supportive which basically leaves my running shoes, not necessarily the best shoes to go with my work outfits. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel though (at least the light that will last about 8 months until I get to go through this again ;) So yeah, basically I miss wearing cute shoes.

Other things that I've really been missing in the last couple months:
-wearing TWO shoes
-not walking like a gimp or as my dad referred to it- like I was walking like my grandma, who used to waddle, before she got her knees replaces
-being able to run up the stairs
-being able to run. period.
-working out/going to the gym
-my independence (not having to ask people to carry things for me or do things for me)
-not feeling like I need someone go with me to the gas station or grocery store
-not having things take twice as long to do or to walk places
-walking long distances
-sleeping any way I want, rather than worrying about whether or not my foot is elevated
-being able to do all the fun things my friends and family are doing (camping, hiking, swimming, fourwheeling, boating, concerts, etc)
-not having to worry about people or things accidentally bumping into my foot wherever I go
-basically, being able to go and do whatever I want, whenever I want

This kind of came across as a "downer" post but that's not how I meant it at all and am actually quite happy right now. I mostly just wrote things down as a reflection and as a way for me to remember these things I've thought over the last couple months

No comments:

Post a Comment